The Best People In The World!

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Paige Rewritten



"There are things in my life that I would like to be permanent. Nail polish that permanently stayed on my toenails. Hair that permanently stayed away from my legs. Sweet tea that was permanently in my fridge.

Luke is not one of those things I want permanently in my life. Or even in my city.

My mom likes to say that good things come in threes. "Remember that time we went to see The Phantom of the Opera, Paige?" she always says to me. "Not only did our seats get upgraded for free, but we won those tickets to go see Wicked and we met Mariah Carey!"

By met, Mom meant "saw from a distance," and to this day, I still sear it was not Mariah Carey.

And if it was her, then I really feel the need to tell her that cornrows are not a flattering hairstyle for her.

I'm curious what Mom would say about my current situation. I really don't think I am looking at three good things.

Maybe three confusing things.

Not not good things. 

Paige Alder is ready for some permanence in her life. For one, a job that allows her to utilize the college degree in counseling that she worked hard to achieve, not being a secretary until the day she dies working for Lawman Adoption Agency. Even with the promotion offer sitting on the table to make more money for doing exactly what she's been doing all along leaves her wanting more.

She has been trying to figure out her personal life as well with Tyler Jennings. She isn't sure if they are strictly great friends who do things whenever they can or if he wants something more than just someone to hang out with of the opposite sex. And then there is Luke Prestwick, her ex-boyfriend who has decided to move back to town and wants to see if there is a possibility to start over again. Decisions, decisions just what is a girl to do?

On top of that, her long lost sister, Preslee has come home with news that she has found God and wants a relationship with her family again including Paige. But is it really that easy to simply forgive despite all the pain she has inflicted on her parents as well as herself when she decided she didn't need them in her life any longer?

I received Paige Rewritten by Erynn Mangum compliments of NavPress and Christian Fiction Blog Alliance for my honest review. I did not receive any monetary compensation for a favorable review and the opinions expressed here are strictly my own. Once again Erynn has done it again. I absolutely LOVE this series, possibly because I find myself living in Paige Alder's shoes! Such decisions that she has to deal with and wondering just where she is going in life. At some point she has to deal with her sister returning to the family fold and while her parents are easy to forgive, Paige isn't. Like a contemporary twist on the prodigal son, Paige finds herself relating to the older son from the Bible story more than she'd like and even the advice she hands out to her high school girls in Bible Study about forgiveness hard to swallow. How can she talk about the ability for them to forgive people who have hurt them, when she is having a difficult time doing the same? I have to warn you however, this one does end on a cliff hanger and will make you wish the third novel in the series was available immediately! For me, this one once again hits a stellar homerun for my book lover's heart and I give this one a 5 out of 5 stars.

This is the second novel in the Paige Alder series, with Paige Torn being the first. While you don't have to read the first one to truly LOVE this one, I would highly recommend it. Erynn's writing style is so easy going, you truly feel like you're more than just reading this novel. You feel like you're living it!  Don't let the cover fool you, you'll want to pick this entire series up! For more information about Paige Rewritten, Erynn Mangum or where to pick up a copy of this book today, please click on the links below:


You can also find Erynn Mangum on Facebook to stay up to date with all her latest novels.

To read more reviews on Paige Rewritten from the Christian Fiction Blog Alliance Book Tour, please click here. 

  • Series: Paige Alder Series (Book 2)
  • Paperback: 304 pages
  • Publisher: NavPress (September 7, 2013)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1612913210
  • ISBN-13: 978-1612913216
  • Product Dimensions: 8.2 x 5.5 x 0.9 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.