The Best People In The World!

Monday, September 4, 2017

Here's Some Happy



I read on social media somewhere that someone believed that coloring books are dying out. Whether that is true or not, I love coloring. It is a way to pass the time. It allows me to slow down and take a moment to simply breathe, cast aside my worries for a moment and just allow God to speak to me as I color. While there may be a coloring book out there geared for just about everyone and their personal interests, I wanted to share one of my favorites. It is called Here's Some Happy by Gina Graham and it has something unique that most coloring books don't.

First of all, it is hard cover. That is perfect because you don't always have the perfect surface to color on and this make portability while coloring more manageable. I just love the weight of it too! It's solid, a reminder of what my spiritual life should be like. Within this coloring book are plenty of wonderful pictures to color, but also scriptures geared to spark a sense of personal prayer time while meditating on the coloring. This is the perfect time to just escape and get some alone time with God. I love putting on some upbeat praise or worship music while I am working on my pages. This coloring book is meant to be a prayer journal as well. Whether you choose to use a page for every prayer or simply a way of capturing something you feel God is laying on your heart, there is a perfect place to capture that.



When I was selecting my picture to color for this post, I happened upon the Psalm 4:8 "I will both lie down in peace and sleep; For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." This is perfect for me, as I have been dealing with a horrible case of tonsillitis for three weeks and sleep has been skipping me. Not only that but with all the flooding in Texas, its a reminder that while I have a place to lay down that is warm and dry, many tonight don't. They have lost everything. But as children of God, we know that there isn't anything God can't do. He can move financial resources where they are best needed and even material things can be replaced. Perhaps it was His way of waking the world up to what is important in this life. Life. Not things. Not money. Not our jobs but those we love and who love us. This journal entry I made was my personal prayer for those in Texas, a reminder that we still serve a God who cares and has not left them. New days are coming and with it, the promises of His unfailing love and provision.

I received Here's Some Happy by Gina Graham compliments of Faith Words, a division of Hachette Book Groups. This is such a great way to keep all those Scriptures, thoughts and prayers in one place and you can look back to see how God has answered those needs as He reminds us to stay faithful. There is something fun in this journal for everyone to enjoy. I could even see doing this with your children together and adding both of your prayers as a way of teaching them how to journal and use their creativity at the same time. What a great gift as well to someone who could use a little happiness in their life right about now. The pages are single sided so depending on the type of media you use, it might bleed through. I use Prisma Coloring Pencils so I had no issues. I would easily give this a 5 out of 5 stars.

For more information about Here's Some Happy, Gina Graham or where you can pick up a copy of this coloring journal today, please click on the links below:


You can find Gina Graham on Facebook to stay up to date on all her latest books.

To read more reviews on Here's Some Happy, please visit Faith Words Website. 


2 comments:

  1. I like the fact that it is a hardcover book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like every page is begging for some very vibrant colors. Very nice indeed. Love the animals, flowers, and hidden hearts, some not so hidden. Great book.

    ReplyDelete

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.