The Best People In The World!

Friday, December 29, 2017

Rhinestones on My Flip-Flops



In this life, we are bound to have difficult days, most of the time whether we want them or not. I find that humor can often help us get over some of the really difficult days and I want to ensure that everyone single woman I know reads, Rhinestones on my Flip-Flops by Jane Jenkins Herlong. Think of her as a bit of Erma Bombeck coupled with a southern Lady and you might just have touched the ice berg of what you will find tucked behind the covers of this wonderful book.

The reason why I would recommend it to every woman alive is that there are things only women can relate to being a woman that is, from our periods, which Jane refers to that should be renamed as exclamation marks instead. Just reading that, I knew I found someone I could relate to and thus the adventure into this book begins. Using examples of both her own life's humor married to those classic examples we find in the Bible are woman, Jane refers to as WOW, women of wisdom. Sometimes those might come in the form of a mother, sister, best friends or just people you might make that connection with in the world. It unites us and makes us all look at life through a different perspective at times, and we all definitely need those when we feel we are at the end of our rope and its unwinding quickly.

She labels these women by their own chapters like Deceived Eve, Domestic Diva Martha, to even Whiny Naomi and more. There are things we can learn from these women of the Bible even though we have read about them more times that we can recall. We all know that Eve was the first who didn't read Apple's Terms and Conditions thoroughly. Sound like you? I can relate, if I am being honest. So what might you learn from Eve besides learning that her husband would point the finger of blame at her when God asked, what happened? We have to remember that the crafty serpent was initially to blame and even though he tickled her ears with wanting to know everything like God, he failed to specify the consequences that might go along with those seemingly innocent choices she made. Do you know of anyone in your life that might be playing with a little fire themselves or maybe you are dealing with a moral dilemma.

"I bet that serpent in the garden had Eve so mixed up that she could have been convinced to count Adam's ribs just to make sure that there was not another woman around. The enemy's greatest tool is deception and many, beyond reason and common sense, fall prey. Eve truly had it all and didn't even have to wish for world peace. If there had been a label to read it would have said 'perfect.' Did Adam wear the "plants" in the family? When God questioned him, he blamed Eve. Then Eve blamed the serpent. What else could she do? There was plenty of blame to go around, so God said to both Adam and Eve, "Sorry, out you go."

I received Rhinestones on my Flip-Flops by Jane Jenkins Herlong compliments of Faith Words, a division of Hachette Book Groups and I am so glad I got this book. It would be such a fun study for women to work through this book together at church. I can imagine the friendships that would be made providing us with more WOW to hang out with, pray with or even cry with at times in our own life. The small section above it just a few short paragraphs of the wonderful eye opening humor and life lessons you will take away from this. I think at times reading this that Jane is my relative, we just don't know the connection yet or perhaps we are related by God's wonderful bloodline. If you know of someone going through a tough time, consider picking this book up for them as a huge encouragement and even a way to bring a smile if not a laugh back into their day. For me, hands down a 5 out of 5 winner in my opinion.

For more information about Rhinestones on my Flip-Flops, Jane Jenkins Herlong or where you can pick up a copy of this book today, please click on the links below:


You can find Jane Jenkins Herlong on Facebook to stay up to date with all her latest books.

To read more reviews on Rhinestones on my Flip-Flops, please visit Hachette Book Group's website.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind words! I have been praying for someone to read this book and truly "get" the message that the Lord placed on my heart! No doubt, we are related! You made a tear roll down my face! Thank you again for your review from the bottom of my rhinestoned flip-flops!

    ReplyDelete

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.