The Best People In The World!

Friday, November 16, 2012

Simply Christmas by Robin Harper - CD Review



Christmas is a-coming and the goose is getting fat, and with it Christmas music, drummer boys, choirs, bells and other assorted accompaniment abound, from string quartets and French horns to orchestras and brass bands. All except for the sparkling new addition to the holiday music catalogue, simply called Simply Christmas, featuring simply piano and one voice - Robin Harper's.

Teaming up with pianist Marvin Goldstein, talented vocalist Robin Harper is celebrating the intimacy and simplicity of the holidays by putting a new twist on the Christmas standards we'll all start whistling right after Thanksgiving, including "The Christmas Song," "White Christmas," "Santa Baby," and " Silent Night."

"This is the time of year when music helps us renew our faith as well as our sense of fun," Robin said. " I wanted to combine the two by choosing songs close to our hearts, jazz them up a little and have a good time with them. And with just us - Marvin's marvelous piano accompaniment and me - it's like we're in your living room, sharing an intimate holiday gathering with your family," she said.

Sometimes, they say, less is more... and with Simply Christmas, no truer words were ever spoken ... or sung.



I received Simply Christmas by Robin Harper compliments of Bostick Communications and The Sayles Organization for my honest review and I have to say, I really LOVED the different blends on some of my favorite classic songs, from a 1940's rendition of (Everybody's Waitin' For) The Man with The Bag and even Santa Baby. There are 11 songs on this CD and each one is offers just a classic clean take with piano and vocals blended together in perfect harmony. I even loved the newer songs of Mary, Did You Know and Grown-Up Christmas List which I have been missing on my of my other Christmas CD's. This is a perfect collection with truly something for everyone and I would rate this one a 4 out of 5 stars.

For more information on Simply Christmas, Robin Harper or where you can pick up this Christmas CD today to add to your personal collection of holiday favorites, please click on the links below:


You can also find Robin Harper on Facebook by clicking here. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.