The Best People In The World!

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Train Tracks




I received a copy of Train Tracks by Michael Savage, the wildly popular host of a radio show, The Michael Savage Show which claims it is family stories for the holidays. I was hoping for a book geared along those lines but this one is merely a sampling of Michael's personal memoirs from his life and those people who he believed has a great impact on the person he became and how he arrived at his current lot in life. With that said, I believe the title is a bit misleading. While reading through his collection of stories from his harsh and cold upbringing in the 1950's, these would NOT be stories I would share with my family members. There is a story from the chapter, Boy in the Basement that tells of remembering a man named Charlie who used women in exchange for providing them with rag dresses, a different form of prostitution in my opinion and one that does not make for a story to tell family members or even appropriate for the holiday season.

If you are looking for a personal memoir of the life of radio personality and storyteller, Michael Savage than perhaps this is the book for you. It is not in my personal opinion a story suitable for family's or for the holidays. I received this book compliments of William Morrow, a division of Harper Collins Publishers for my honest review and have to say based on the misleading information not only on the cover but inside the book jacket as well, the reader will be confused when they pick this one up. There are some forms of profanity as Michael shares certain stories and others offer questionable content. In this case, my review rating of this book is 1 out of 5 stars. The story collection starts in his childhood and then move back and forth without a rhyme or reason. It's kinda of confusing. If you are interested in Train Tracks, Michael Savage or where to pick up a copy of this book, please click on the links below:



You can also find Michael Savage on his website by clicking here.
  • Hardcover: 272 pages
  • Publisher: William Morrow (November 6, 2012)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 006221084X
  • ISBN-13: 978-0062210845

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.