The Best People In The World!

Monday, March 31, 2014

My Name is Paul ~ DVD Review



I am always looking for exceptional family movies that have a message and is something appropriate for my family to gather around and watch together. In most cases I have found those movies come from Word Films and when I received an offer to review their latest movie, My Name is Paul, I was more than excited!

The premise is a futuristic version of the retelling of the story of Paul from the Bible, the Christian killer. In this case, Paul is part of a police force to eliminate followers of Christ called the Way from spreading their religion across the city. He is known for capturing and in most cases bringing those cases to trial and even filling the victims without forethought. He believes its simply part of his job and one that his superiors recognize and promote him for.

Now he is on the hunt for their leader, a man named Stephen, who refuses to go into hiding even though the Way followers believe he should especially in light of Paul's recent promotions to find the leaders and bring their to justice. Only just like the Bible version, Paul is confronted through a terrible accident that completely leaves him blind and searching for the real truth and one that will drastically change the life he had been living.



I received My Name is Paul compliments of Edify Media Inc and Word Films for my honest review. I did not receive any monetary compensation for a favorable review and the opinions in this review are strictly my own. This unfortunately for me was not one of my favorites. I felt it was too poorly made and the characters weren't believable enough to make you care about them enough to want to finish the movie at 100 minutes in length. It simply lacked the passion to make this one work in my opinion and I felt that the story needed more depth to it to make it work for a modern day audience. The message is clear but my family didn't care for it at all. My daughter at 15 left within the first 10 minutes of the beginning of the movie.In my opinion, I would give this one a 3 out of 5 stars. It's great for a rental but not one I would purchase to add to my family library.

For more information about My Name is Paul, Word Films or where to pick up a copy of this DVD today, please click on the links below:


You can also find Word Films on Facebook to stay up to date with all their latest in family entertainment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.