The Best People In The World!

Saturday, April 19, 2014

As It Was In The Days of Noah



After the latest Hollywood movie to launch onto the big screen, Noah seems to be the talk about town. There are so many critics that argue just how accurate the story was to the biblical story, but one can hardly argue with the fact that in almost every single race and culture that there are around 270 versions of the story of the great flood. Coincidence or Godly intervention? I say the later!

What I do love, is the book that I happened to have found primarily through numerous advertisements on my Facebook page, As It Was In The Days of Noah from author Jeff Kinley. I wrote to him and kindly asked for a complimentary copy to review as the Bible's story of Noah is kept to about 3 chapters in Genesis beginning in chapter 6, but I knew that there had to be more to the study of Noah's life. How did Noah become so righteous if the entire world was declared by God to be destined for destruction based on their sinful lives? What was the importance of rain being used to judge mankind? Who helped build the ark? What was the significance of Methusaleh in Noah's life? More importantly, what does all this mean for the future of the world?

I have to say, when I got the book in the mail, I was surprised at how small the book was. I was hoping for a thick book filled to the brim with research and reference for me to follow along with my Bible. Yet God is amazing in using people like Jeff Kinley to shine the light in the dark places, one doesn't need a whole lot of light, just a bit to make it dark no more and that is just what you get in this book. So much information along with great footnotes that I was diligently following along with my Bible to see for myself how often I have glossed over the story of Noah, the Ark and the Great Flood and missed all the connecting pieces of the puzzle and what it reveals is chilling to the core.

We all know, as believers, that the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, will happen when the world becomes like it was in the days of Noah.

Matthew 24:36-38  "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone."For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah."For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark."

So if you are like me, always watching for signs of the coming of Jesus, you want to go back into our history to see what kinds of things were happening in Noah's day. All I know, is that I don't want to be here, when that happens. Even though our world with all its violence, murder, rape, sexual crimes, and people now looking the other way when wrong things are committed now saying that those things are right, we are literally sitting on the cusp of the Second Coming of the Lord more so now than at any other time in history. So it is too late? Is there any hope? You might want to pick this book up for yourself and see what it has to say along with your Bible. All I know is that despite the issues concerning Hollywood's take on the story of Noah, there have been more hits on Bible applications and websites dealing with Noah than ever before. God can truly use anything to get His message across. God is patient wishing none to perish, but even He has a limit to just how long that will be. And it may be much sooner than you ever thought.



I received As It Was In The Days of Noah by Jeff Kinley compliments of Harvest House Publishers and the author himself for my honest review. I did not receive any monetary compensation for a favorable review and the opinions expressed are strictly my own. I have utilized this book in conjunction with my own Bible for a complete indepth study on what the Bible says about Noah and the preview of earth's final days. Being a huge lover of Bible prophecy and End Times events, this one hit a home run in my book. You can't argue the facts that Jeff does such an exceptional job at explaining like the meaning behind Methusaleh's name and the significance of his death. I never made the correlation to Noah's family tree to understand how he was raised, and so much much more. I highly encourage you to pick up a copy of this book and begin your own personal journey of discovery and this can also be used in conjunction with a small group Bible Study as well. Hands down I easily give this one a 5 out of 5 stars and will be re-reading this one quite a few more times and keeping it in a place of reference close at hand.

For more information about As It Was In The Days of Noah, Jeff Kinley or where you can pick up a copy of this book today, please click on the links below:


You can also find Jeff Kinley on Facebook to stay up to date on all his latest books.

You can also find As It Was In The Days of Noah on Harvest House Publisher's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.