The Best People In The World!

Friday, December 9, 2016

To Joey, With Love - DVD Review and Giveway



Just how does anyone come to terms with saying goodbye knowing you are going to die? Is there any way to prepare for the loss not only are you going to feel but also for your family and friends who have to stand by and watch as cancer robs the life of another precious saint?

Most people can say that they recall the story of Joey and Rory Feek, a country music duo, who faced such a hardship. In March of 2016, Joey Feek quietly walked into the arms of Jesus and entered into eternity despite all the best known attempts at beating cancer. Some people might say that she lost her battle. That despite the many months of prayers for a miracle, she simply didn't get one. Yet she was healed of her cancer. It may have robbed this precious wife and mom of her earthly life, but where she dwells now in heaven, cancer can no longer touch her and one day she will be eternally reunited with her family and friends, never having to say Goodbye again.

In the DVD, To Joey, With Love, this documentary chronicles this story of both the love and faith of Joey and Rory Feek, the birth of their daughter Indiana, who was born with Down's Syndrome, and the loss of the life of a mother for her two-year-old daughter. Thankfully the couple had the insight to film this journey and viewer of this DVD get a look at the personal journey that most never saw. The courageous battle to beat cancer this side of heaven, and the decision to quietly give up treatments when the cancer refused to shrink.

I believe that everyone will take away something different from watching this love story. For me, it is the love is eternal and everlasting. Perhaps that is why the Bible says that the greatest gift from God is love. It transcends time and space and it is the one thing we will take with us when we breathe our final breath on earth and take our first one in heaven. It shows that her faith in God never wavered in spite of all the doctor's diagnosis. Perhaps this one hits home for me, was my dear friend is also facing her third diagnosis of cancer. One thing is certain, the battle isn't ours to wage but God's and faith can be found woven into the entire documentary.




I received To Joey, With Love compliments of Icon Media Group. It is the hardest DVD I had to watch and review because it hits home for me as a wife and mother. It is a beautiful love story that had the pause button pressed for now, but one day will continue and will be the true story of happily ever after. I am so humbled by this mother's faith and the love she shows for her daughter, even as she knows her time is growing short. For me this will be one that stay with me, long after the movie ends and thus the reason for a 5 out of 5 stars!

Now for the amazing part, thanks to the blessed generosity of Icon Media Goup, they are offering a DVD of To Joey, With Love to one lucky follower of my blog Reviews From The Heart. Here are the details to enter.

1. Be a follower of my blog, Reviews From The Heart or "Like" my Facebook page.

2. Be a resident of the US and please NO P.O. Boxes.

3. Leave a comment below telling me why you'd love to win a copy of this DVD along with your email address. I will be notifying the winner via email so make sure to include it with your comment. You can even use the words (at) and (dot) instead of the symbols.

4. For social media followers, simply comment on my page why you would love to win a copy. I will reach out to you via private message if you are the lucky winner and contact you for your mailing information at that time.

So there are two ways to enter but only one winner. I will notify the winner via email or private message when the giveaway ends on December 16th.

For more information about To Joey, With Love, Icon Media Group or where you can pick up a copy of this DVD today, please click on the links below:


You can read more about Rory and Joey's life on Rory's blog.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure that I have heard of them. Their story sounds so sad yet their faith is so awesome. I'm sure I would find it to be very inspirational.
    dpucci9972@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Joey and Rory. I want to see this movie and see their faith and love. I'm sure I will need a box of tissues to watch.
    Campbellamyd at Gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.