The Best People In The World!

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Christmas at Tiffany's



For days, my blogging readers have fallen for the clues I have left behind thinking I have traveled to New York, Paris, Venice and London, but in reality I have simply been sharing some of the incredible insights I have gotten from Karen Swan's latest novel Christmas at Tiffany's. I found myself looking up interesting tidbits as I came across them to get a real feel for the places Cassie Fraiser finds herself traveling to. From the sparkling water drinking fountains in Paris, to the famous Kiss statue from Rodin, to the whispering gallery in St. Paul's cathedral, there is such romance to be found in the oddest of places in these iconic cities.

Cassie Fraiser got the shock of her life on her tenth anniversary to Gil. She found out that the life she had been living with him was a complete lie. He was sleeping with her best friend Wiz and fathered a son, Rory, three years before their 10-year anniversary party. Not quite sure what to do or where to go, Cassie has been officially adopted by her boarding school friends who each have vowed to take her for four months in the cities where they live. They will provide a roof over her head and a job for her while she figures out just where she needs to go after her failed marriage.

In each of these amazing locations, Cassie has willingly agreed to give herself up 100% to each of them, allowing them to pamper, spoil and torture her with their own select advice on moving forward in her life. She arrives on the morning after her disastrous anniversary party in New York with her best friend Kelly, who is as addicted to fitness as she is working all hours as a PR for the fashion industry at Harper Communications. She vows to do much more than get Cassie into shape and convinces her that the fast paced urban city of New York is just what she needs to keep her on her toes. She even makes her a Senior PR assistant at her company, but when she realizes she is in way over her heads, Kelly might be the one to take the fall.

She spends the next 8 months traveling to Paris, Venice and subsequently London all while taking on a treasure hunt/bucket list from her childhood friend Henry who is a bit of an adventurer who has traveled quite literally the world over and back and knows just the perfect places for her to see and people to connect with all while growing whatever seeds he sends her to grow. She struggles to figure out just who the real Cassie is, despite all the make overs her friends provide and the many jobs she gets to try on for size. After ten years, she needs to find out just who she is and who she wants to be, and she might be in for more surprises that she expects.

I received Christmas at Tiffany's by Karen Swan compliments of William Morrow, a division of Harper Collins Publishers for my honest review. I did not receive any monetary compensation for a favorable review and the opinions in this review are strictly my own personal opinions. I originally thought this was going to be a Christmas romance, based solely on the title and was thrilled to take a virtual vacation right alongside Cassie. I love the idea Henry had for giving her something to do while she was in each of these amazingly romantic cities, besides your normal tourist activity stuff and I can't wait to start my own. This is such a great novel that showcases how one woman and her best friends help her get over one of the most difficult chapters in her life, dealing with the loss not only of the man she thought she knew over 10 years, but her hopes and dreams for a future with children. At well over 580 pages, this one was worth taking my time to enjoy over a couple of days. I give this one a 4 out 5 stars based on my own rating scale. It does contain some profanity and adult content, that some readers might find offensive, that prevented me from rating it a full 5 out of 5! I absolutely loved the adventure, the lists from Henry and the language of flowers you find scattered throughout this novel!

For more information about Christmas at Tiffany's, Karen Swan or where you can preorder a copy of this book today, please click on the links below:


You can find Karen Swan on Facebook to stay up to date on all her latest novels.

To read more reviews on Christmas at Tiffany's, please visit William Morrow's website. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.