The Best People In The World!

Thursday, April 21, 2016

AWE



"I wonder what they will say about me when I'm gone. When they've all gathered like we are today in this church, dressed in our best, saying good-bye. I wonder how old I'll be, and if I've lived a good life, and if I'm known for anything.

"I think about this in passing; mostly I'm just wondering if I'll see Marvel here. If maybe I'll have an opportunity to say more to her than I have in a long, long time. We haven't spoken much. Not since Halloween and the misery it brought.

"November passed, ending with a no-so-thankful Thanksgiving. Today is the second day in December and it's still warm enough to rain but cold enough to make you shiver.

"I'm sad, of course. Nobody wants to be at a funeral. But I guess I could've seen this coming. In fact, in a way I did.

We did.

In another life we connected, and he helped us to do so." (pg 1).

Travis Thrasher once more takes readers into a compelling look at the lives of two very remarkable, strong and yet unsual characters in his latest novel Awe. This is the third book in the Books of Marvella series and one I am confident if you love something different in your suspense series, you are guaranteed to find it. Brandon Jeffery's is finishing up his senior year in high school and has been more than infatuated with Marvella since she came to town. Most unusual and one to keep to herself, Brandon seems to find a key to unlock the wall she keeps around her. She would say it was there for your protection, not hers.

But at the opening of this novel, Marvel and Brandon's relationship is at a stand still. Marvel has put a barrier in place because she believes God has called her to this small town in order to save it from the evil that has begun to permeate it by taking the life of the students one by one in accidents the police remain clueless to solve. There are a bunch of creepy characters they have to contend with such as Marvel's Uncle Carlos who has threatened Brandon with killing him if he doesn't stop seeing Marvel. There is the random encounters Carlos has in the bad places in town with a man name Otis Sykes, again someone they are warned to stay far away from.

But with the recent disappearance of Brandon's best friend Devon, he believes he might still be alive. He feels it in his gut. Devon believed that he might be able to get close enough to figure out who has been murdering the students, until he disappeared. Just who is to blame. All Brandon knows is that he received a text on Devon's phone warning him if he didn't stop being so nosy, his girlfriend would be next. He hasn't shown the message to anyone including the police. Because the last thing he knows is he will do anything to protect Marvel, but it may take an act of God to put Brandon's true faith to the test.

I received Awe by Travis Thrasher compliments of Lucas Lane Productions for my honest review. I did not receive any monetary compensation and the opinions found here are my personal and honest ones. There is something dark and silent about Travis's series, one I can't quite put my finger on. It's like knowing that there is something in the dark, you can't see, but know its there. It's the waiting. Travis does such an amazing job at giving the reader just enough to keep him going but not enough to completely give it away. I am still left wondering how this will all turn out in the end, with only one more novel in the series, Glory left before it is all unveiled. For this reader, it has been well-worth the ride and one I can't wait to finish. For me this rates a 5 out of 5 stars but requires readers to pick up the first books in the series to understand what has been happening from the beginning.

For more information about Awe, Travis Thrasher or where you can pick up a copy of this novel today, please click on the links below:


You can find Travis Thrasher on Facebook to stay up to date on all his latest novels.

The novels in the series are: Marvelous (1), Wonder (2) and (3) Awe. Coming Soon...Glory (4). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.