The Best People In The World!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tomorrow We Die Review



My Review:

In the novel, Tomorrow We Die by Shawn Grady, we find ourselves with paramedic Jonathan Trestle, who can't seem to keep up with patients that keep dying before he has a chance to help them. In the busy town of Reno, Nevada, Aprisa ambulance response time is supposed to be under 5 minutes 59 seconds. Yet lately Jonathan and his partner Bones, can't seem to make it anywhere near that mark and thus the reason for so many fatalities lately. When they receive a call to an unresponsive man, they once again believe they've encounter the classic drunk man. Yet when they arrive on scene they learn that he isn't breathing and close to death. Just before he is about to succumb once more to death, Simone Letell, passes off a note to Jonathan asking him to give it to Martin.

Able to save this man from death, Jonathan decides to check his new patient out after hours. Only then does he learn that the man has escaped, pulled out his IV's and breathing tube and has left the hospital. The only clue is the key, Simone Letell has left behind for the Crown Motel. Jonathan heads over there to ensure that Simone is OK after checking himself out of the Cardiac Care Unit and finds Simone dead outside his hotel room.

This is where the story starts to get good. Page after page, finds you alongside Jonathan to discover what mystery Simone held with Martin. Seeing nothing on the note but dashes, dots and some slash marks, Jonathan doesn't know where to begin, but believes the answer lies with finding and locating Martin. This novel is entwined with the constant 911 dispatches for ambulance service, and the unraveling the autopsy of Simone Letell. For once, this book had me guessing until the very end how this would all turn out. Like a movie in my mind, I found myself captivated in this book to the very end. Call it a cross between medical shows like Trauma or Mercy and CSI, so if you are a fan of those, this book is a must read.

I received this book, compliments of Christian Fiction Blog Alliance, for my honest review. This title is available in paperback for sale at Amazon for $ 10.19.

6 comments:

  1. This sounds really good and suspenseful. I like good mystery novels, so I'm adding this to my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not do well with death books/novels ... but it sounds intriguing.

    the War Between the States novel I am referring my hubs to ... he is a semi-expert on the Civil War.

    You always do the best reviews Kat ...

    Have a wonderful day ... I hope things are picking up for your husband.
    Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review of this book. I want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like a book I want to pick up just from the review.

    ReplyDelete

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.