The Best People In The World!

Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Wiersbe Bible Study Series - John


It's been some time since I completed an in depth study of one of the books of the Bible. In receiving the book, The Wiersbe Bible Study Series on the book of John, by Warren Wiersbe, I was amazed at the amount of information I found at beginning the study.

The book has you work on 2 chapters in the book of John at a time. The questions are really thought provoking with no right or wrong answers but a way for you to get deeper into the Word than simply reading the words on the page like a short story about the life of Jesus. There are about 20 questions in each lesson and I found for my benefit having a commentary as well as a Bible Handbook was really helpful in taking me much deeper than look at sentences but studying the significant meanings behind the words used in each scripture as well as looking back at the origins of these scriptures.

It was like reading the Bible for the first time and being completed enlightened at what each scripture meant to me. Such as in John 2:1-11 - What is the significance of turning water into wine?

Through my studies I found that the text specifically mentions that the sign signified Christ's glory, that is His deity. When He transformed water into wine He demonstrated His creative power. He did in a moment what is ordinarily done in weeks or months. The conscious water blushed when it saw its Maker. This is also the first time the text says that His disciples believed in Him.

This book is perfect for individual studies like I did as well as for small groups. There are sections designed for pre-work to make the time more productive when you actually meet together. For me to get through them on average, took about 3 hours to complete each 2 chapter study. Again it was a great study for me to get to know in depth the true character of who Jesus was as well as the significance behind His purpose for doing things they way He did.

I received the book, The Wiersbe Bible Study Series on the book of John, compliments of B & B Media Group for my honest review. I would easily rate this book a 5 out of 5 stars for those looking for a really great study to get you into the books of the Bible.

For more information about this book, the author or where to obtain a copy for yourself, please click on the links below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.