The Best People In The World!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Merry Christmas Stories


I don't know about you but nothing gets me in the Christmas Spirit more than some great short stories geared to touch your heart and soul. That's why I can't wait to share this latest treasure I found, Merry Christmas Stories by Jeff R. Spalsbury. Found between the cover of this wonderful book are a collection of 25 short stories just perfect for telling every day until Christmas.

They will make you laugh, smile and just feel great during this magical time of year. They are a collection of different genre's guaranteed to touch your heart in a unique way, and all reflect Christmas love, hope and generosity of the season.

One of my personal favorites is the story of a little girl, Helen, who was told by her mother that Santa has gone missing this year as a way to explain why there wouldn't be any presents under the tree that year for Helen and her two siblings. As a single mother struggling to make ends meet, Linda, is at a loss for how to provide for her kids this Christmas. So when Helen takes her case to Detective Nick Tracer to "find Santa" using all the money she has saved $1.06 and leaves confident that he can find Santa, Nick is at a loss for just what to do. I'll save the ending for you to read once you pick up this book, but safe to say, that you'll fall in love with the Christmas Spirit after reading this one.

There are native American stories, a spin on a Christmas Angel who aids stranded motorists lost in a snow storm, how one busy lady learns the real meaning of Christmas through an unexpected visit from Santa at her office late one night. These are just a sampling of the warmth you are bound to find and I'm reading ours to our family each night as a way to create a lasting impression of what Christmas really means and to leave everyone with happy thoughts on their mind.

I received this book, Merry Christmas Stories by Jeff R. Spalsbury compliments of TLC Book Tours for my honest review and got so much more than a great book to read. It really changed my perception and allowed us to get together as a family and share this great stories. It opened up conversations for us to find ways to help others out this Christmas in bringing these stories to life, right off the pages. Since this is my favorite time of year, I was more than overjoyed to curl up at night and read these wonderful stories and would rate this collection a perfect 5 out of 5 stars.

For more information on this book, the author or where to pick up a copy of this book today, please click on the links below:

Merry Christmas Stories by Jeff R. Spalsbury

You can also read more reviews from the TLC Book Tour by clicking here.


3 comments:

  1. I love reading Christmas stories each year and I've been looking for my next book. Thanks for the review. This one sounds like just what I've been looking for.
    Have a lovely day.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful review! Absolutely love Christmas stories!

    Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

    http://storybookloveaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a book I could read between all the busy-ness of the holiday season to remind myself what it all really means.

    Thanks for being on the tour!

    ReplyDelete

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.