The Best People In The World!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Selah: Your Moment to Stop, Think, and Step Into Your Future


Selah. Just what does it mean? Depending on which version of the Bible you find, you are likely to see it a variety of ways and interpreted several ways. I find that the definition of Selah is a pause. It means to stop and think about what you just heard. Others say its a musical notation or interlude. Still others find its similar to the Hebrew word Calah, meaning to weight, to measure, to evaluate. Wherever you find it in the Bible, it seems the word is a boundary, a marker. A place to stop and observe, to be still. But regardless of what we cal lit, we need Selah in our lives - no matter where we are in our journey.

Selah helps us remember who we are; it's a place to be still, to know God. It's a place where we can deal with choices and changes. In these pauses, we're reminded that we have a certain number of days, and we can ask ourselves, Do I want to spend the rest of my life doing what I'm doing? In these places, we see things we need to add or to let go. But we need these pauses in the presence of God to examine our priorities - to pursue what matters most.

In the book, Selah by Nancie Carmichael, she helps the reader map out the next steps toward a more meaningful life - touching others, making positive changes, and leaving the legacy of a life well spent. She invites you to come alongside as she examines the lives of people who took defining steps to make a greater difference. Their wisdom can help you live with greater joy and a sense of anticipation. It's never too late to make your life count, no matter how old you are!

I received this book compliments of Bring It On Communication for my honest review and think we all need a book like this one. It's never to late to take account of what you are doing in your life, where you are at and just what would you like to accomplish before you die. We want our lives to leave a lasting legacy and to make a difference in the lives we touch. This book helps you find your way using Biblical references from women in the Bible, such as the woman at the well! This one spoke volumes to me and offer me a different perspective that I needed in my life at 47 and for that reason I rate this one a 5 out of 5 stars.

For more information on this book, the author and where to pick up a copy of this book, please click on the link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.