The Best People In The World!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Living Beyond Your Feelings


A constant struggle of mine is controlling my feelings. You know, the times when you wish you could just get away from all that life throws at you? We have on average about 70,000 thoughts every day, each one triggering a different emotion. No wonder why it’s such a struggle! I feel like I am, the majority of the time, controlled by my emotions and I wasn’t sure what to do with all the negativity I felt was surrounding me. In Joyce Meyer’s “Living Beyond Your Feelings” I found solace in her empowering words of encouragement and faith.

Joyce examines the majority of human feelings and discusses the way the brain processes and stores memories and thoughts. In great detail, she explains how we can easily manage our reactions to those feelings, and in doing so, teaches her readers how to efficiently manage the gamut of feelings that wreak havoc on our lives.

I recommend this book to people of all ages, from preteens to the elderly. Joyce’s advice pulled me out of my pit of despair and has forever altered the way I view the world, how I handle my emotions, how I regulate my thoughts and feelings, and how I am in social environments. "It gave me the tools to set the ball in motion for my life outside of high school, helped me to make proactive choices and helped me regain control of my life." from my 18-year-old daughter who read the book before I got a chance to read it first. It made that much of an impact for her.

I received this book Living Beyond Your Feelings by Joyce Meyer, compliments of Faith Words, a division of Hachette Book Group for my honest review and would rate this book a 5 out of 5 stars! A MUST READ! For more information about this book, the author, and where to purchase a copy, you are welcome to click and follow the links I have provide below:


You can also find Joyce on Facebook by clicking here or on her website.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.