The Best People In The World!

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Your Cat: The Owner's Manual


Being a cat owner for as long as I can remember, I always want to make sure I stay on top of not only their care, but their well-being too. I want to make sure that I am doing all I can to make sure that they have the best life possible. Now that we live in our home, we've adopted 4 cats from our local shelters and can say it's always a learning experience with them since each of their personalities are unique and as individual as you are.

When I got the opportunity to review Your Cat: The Owner's Manual, by Dr. Marty Becker, the resident veterinarian from the Dr. Oz show, I knew I wanted to check this one out to see if I was missing anything and boy did I found some interesting things your cat magazines and websites won't tell you.

This book contains almost everything you need to know if you are a cat owner or considering purchasing one soon, from choosing the right cat or kitten for your family, preventing health problems, solving what to do with regards to scratching furniture or using the litter box and saving money on medication and treatments both traditional and alternative as well as which pet products really work.

Here is just a sampling of what I learned from this wonderful book; did you know that garlic and onions are toxic to cats? They can lead to anemia in your feline and is great to know when you consider giving them real food as an alternative to canned or dry pet foods. I also learned that despite claims that laser pointers make great cat toys, it can actually stress them out because they can never "get" the light. There is no reward once it's caught. Another thing is my cat's fascination to drinking from our sinks or showers and found that you can purchase a cat fountain from your local retailer that generates an interest in them drinking more water which is actually healthier for them than simply drinking out of a bowl.

I received Your Cat: The Owner's Manual by Dr. Marty Becker compliments of Grand Central Publishing for my honest opinion and have to say, if you own a cat or are thinking of getting one, please pick this up. There is so much information for even a seasoned cat owner to take away from this book, that if you want to give your cats the very best this is a MUST HAVE! For that reason I rate this one a 5 out of 5 stars and now look forward to all the different ways our cats "talk" to us that I never knew before!

For more information on Your Cat: The Owner's Manual, Dr. Marty Becker or where to pick up a copy of this book today, please click on the links below:

Your Cat: The Owner's Manual by Dr. Marty Becker

You can also find Dr. Marty Becker on Facebook by clicking here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.