The Best People In The World!

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Change Your Words, Change Your Life



I know you've heard the saying before, "you are what you say!" Yet how often do we take the time really to consider just what we are saying most of the time. It reminds me of another saying when dealing with others, I used to hear from my mom, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say it at all!" How true those sayings really are.

Just the other day a great friend of mine got some incredible news that would mean the world to her family that was facing huge financial difficulties as well as some health issues for her husband. When God came through for them in a very powerful way, I was the first person she called. I was super excited for her because I knew what a burden had been lifted off their shoulders. Then she told me something interesting. She said she was also having doubts that perhaps the reason these things were happening was because the health issue facing her husband was going to turn out well and that's God's way of preparing her for the worst. How funny the enemy is when in the midst of God's glory he is still trying to plant seeds of doubt when we should be celebrating the joys. I reminded her to simply trust God and take it one day at a time. I also reminded her that the words that we speak because the water for the seeds we plant in ourselves. So what you want to grow will become the words you speak, we in fact are watering those seeds of doubt instead of the seeds of joy in this particular situation.

These are just a handful of the insights you will glean from Joyce Meyer's new book, Change Your Words, Change Your Life. There is actually an entire chapter devoted to just what my friend was encountering and so the advice and words of wisdom I shared with her, really hit home. It changed her perspective and really made her think about what she was saying. Joyce reminds you that what you think becomes what we often say. Instead of speaking those negative thoughts which we know don't come from God, we are breathing life into the lies the enemy is planting. This book will really help change your life. It always begins in our minds, our thoughts which eventually become our words, so which seeds will you begin planting today? What kind of fruit are you looking to harvest for God's kingdom and glory?

I received Change Your Words, Change Your Life by Joyce Meyer, compliments of Faith Words, a division of Hachette Book Groups for my honest review. There is so much to help you on the path that will literally change your life in this wonderful hardcover book. Some of the chapters deal with "How to Be Happy," "When to Talk and When Not to Talk," "Speaking Faith and Not Fear," "Do you Really Have to Give Your Opinion?" The Corrosion of Complaints," and so much much more. We all know how hard it is sometimes to hold our tongue when someone offends us or we get upset in fact the Bible is clear we are instructed to do just that. With this book as your guide, and Joyce's straight to the point message, you are bound to find improvement with reading this and applying it to your daily life. I rate this one a 5 out of 5 stars and will be referring to this one A LOT!!!

For more information on Change Your Words, Change Your Life, Joyce Meyer or where to pick up a copy of this book today, please click on the links below:



You can find Joyce Meyer on Facebook by clicking here or through her website by clicking here. 


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good book. I have seen a lot of Joyce Meyer's advice/words on a blog I follow and she is really good.

    ReplyDelete

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.