The Best People In The World!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Prophet


If the cover alone on this book, does not make you want to pick this one up and begin reading, I don't know what will. Just the premise alone about a young girl being chosen as a prophet immediately draws me in because we would almost expect a prophet to be a male character instead. So for female readers, this is already an exciting beginning.

The synopsis to the book begins with Ela Roch of Parne who doesn't understand why her beloved Creator, the Infinite, wants her to become His prophet. She's undignified, bad tempered, and only seventeen - not to mention that no prophet of Parne has ever been a girl. Worst of all, as the elders often warn, if she agrees to become the Infinite's prophet, Ela knows she will die young.

What would one think when faced with this choice? At seventeen it would appear that wouldn't be a choice most girls would want to face. That's what makes this such a compelling read that automatically draws you in, especially if you are a young adult picking up this book to read. The storyline falls out of character for your traditional roles and that is what becomes the immediate draw for me. I don't like your follow the path of those that have gone before you books, I LOVE something unique and different for me, this book is speak volumes in that direction.

I received Prophet by R. J. Larson compliments of Christian Fiction Blog Alliance for my honest review and couldn't wait to pick this one up and begin reading it. I was not disappointed. From the very first page, this author grabbed me and won't let go. I didn't want to be let go but raced through this book, turning pages as fast as my eyes would let me go. Since this is the first book in the Books of the Infinite series, I will be looking out for number 2, in anxious anticipation.

Geared for the young adult, historical fantasy fans, even adults can find enjoyment in the pages. It's entertaining in the fact it doesn't take the author half to book to define the fantasy world, she is able to articulate it well enough you buy into it all without question. I would rate this one a 5 out of 5 stars and look forward to the second book in the series, Judge, which the reader is given a sneak peek at inside the back of this one.

For more information on this book, the author, some incredible extras like what some of the creatures look like along with maps of the lands, and where to pick up a copy of this book today, please click on the links below:


You can also find out more about R. J. Larson on her Facebook page by clicking here.

Here's the first chapter on video for your viewing pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.