The Best People In The World!

Monday, June 25, 2012

The Search


The murderer still is at large in the Amish community of Crittenden County and Detective Luke Reynolds is still questioning the residents fearing that he is getting no where closer to the truth. After discovering the body of Perry Borntrager at the bottom of the well on the Miller's Farm, it seems like quite a few of the townspeople have secrets that they hope will never be discovered.

Frannie Eicher was the last person to see Perry alive, and not being the type to want to share more details than necessary about the dead, she avoids providing some information to Luke. She believes that these details are necessary for helping him solve the case, but it seems the more times Luke discovers new information, it points back to Frannie and causes him to not trust what she has been telling him. He knows she is holding something back but can't figure out why.

In the second book in the series, The Secrets of Crittenden County, The Search by Shelley Shepard Gray picks up right where the first book, The Missing left off. It seems like there is a connection between Perry's murder, his unusual and unpredictable behavior, and the secrets certain people are keeping about what they know about Perry. Someone within this small Amish community is hiding a very deep secret and it's up to Detective Luke Reynolds to find out where this search will lead him.

I love this series of books because Shelley is taking her time with her readers in this murder case involving an Amish resident, a young man, who seems to have gotten mixed up with the wrong crowd, but is that the men who are selling drugs, the Englischers, or someone in town that wanted Perry gone in whatever manner it took? I can't wait to find out who it is, and I've got my own suspicions using details from both books who it might be. For those of you looking for a bit more than is usually found in your Amish novels, you might want to pick up this series. You'll get a great cast of characters that are carefully created and you will always meet someone new along the way. I loved, Frannie's father and Beth, her friend in this novel. Their inspiration to helping Frannie find the answers she needs, are worth reading about.

I received this novel compliments of Christian Fiction Blog Alliance for my honest review. I would have to say this one rates right up there with the first one, a 5 out of 5 stars. Now if I can only wait until September this year, for The Found to be released, I might have my answers in who I believe killed Perry. Maybe I have what it takes to make a great detective, but I know I have found a true love in reading Shelley Shepard Gray's novels. They have a forever home on my bookshelf.

For more information about The Search, Shelley Shepard Gray and where to pick up this series today, please click on the links below:


To stay up to date on the latest from Shelley, consider following her on Facebook by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.