The Best People In The World!

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Eyes Wide Open



First of all, if you're a Ted Dekker fan, you definitely want to pick this one up. If you've never heard of Ted Dekker, think of Stephen King and you get the picture. In this unique series Ted Dekker launched the first part of this four part book to those who had electronic readers for Free until the rest in the series launched. Now priced for a very limited time for $5.99 for all four, you won't lose out wait for the next part of the book to be released. That's when I jumped on board. I've been a fan of Ted Dekker's for quite some time and just reading the premise of the book was enough to make me want to pick this one up. See for yourself.

"Who am I? 

My name is Christy Snow. I’m seventeen and I’m about to die.

I’m buried in a coffin under tons of concrete. No one knows where I am. My heart sounds like a monster with clobber feet, running straight toward me. I’m lying on my back, soaked with sweat from the hair on my head to the soles of my feet. My hands and feet won’t stop shaking.

Some will say that I m not really here. Some will say I’m delusional. Some will say that I don t even exist. But who are they? I’m the one buried in a grave. \

My name is Christy Snow. I’m seventeen. I’m about to die.

So who are you? " (Excerpt from back cover).

When Christy Snow loses her silver locket in a storage shed behind St. Matthews Hospital, she discovers by accident a trap door in the floor that drops her into a concrete room with apparently no way out. When she located a shelf used for the transportation of alcohol during the prohibition era, she wedges herself inside to try the wood panel at the end. All she manages to do, it lock herself inside a coffin size area. Unable to call for help since her cell phone is dead, she panics and forces the wood panel to come lose.

She realizes she has probably found her way into the hospital basement and hopes she can find her way out. What she discovers is that she is now in the mental hospital wing and no matter how hard she tries to convince the doctors there she isn't a patient, with no identification on her, they believe she is suffering from a delusion and she isn't who she is claiming to be. Her only hope is the message she left for her friend Austin before her phone died. But when Austin shows up, he too is unable to convince the hospital staff he came for Christy and now they have both wound up lost beneath the hospital. Unfortunately when patient head counts come up two short, Austin and Christy soon begin to wonder if they aren't really crazy after all.

I won't spoil the remainder of the book, but trust me, you'll question what is the truth and what is merely an illusion in this latest book by Ted Dekker. Each book is divided into the mini books, Identity, Mirrors, Unseen and Seer, that you can purchase one at a time, but trust me, pick up the whole thing so you don't lose momentum in the storyline. True to Dekker's writing style, you will wind up in a different place then where you were headed and soon begin to feel as if you are part of the story itself. Great storyline but the ending for me, fell short from what I was anticipating. It's like it reached it's climax and then all the air was let out of the balloon, This does introduce the reader into a new series from Ted Dekker called the Outlaw Chronicles, with the first  book Water Walker coming out soon. I would rate this one a 4 out of 5 stars and would have rated it a 5 out of 5 but like I stated earlier the ending just fell flat for me. However the message behind the story is reason enough to pick this one up. For those of you with questions about your own self esteem, this is a must read novel for you! You might want to pick up Showdown before reading this one to see the connection at the end.

For more information about Eyes Wide Open, Ted Dekker or where to pick up a copy of this book today, please click on the links below:


You can also find Ted Dekker on Facebook to stay up to date with all his latest novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.