The Best People In The World!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Arranged


In the latest novel by Catherine McKenzie, Arranged is a book I think every single woman can relate to. I know I for one can! In this delightful romantic fiction, Anne Blythe is ready for a change in her normal life. Seeing the future for what it can be, she realizes that the man she's been living with Stuart has been cheating on her. He wasn't about to tell her until she came across his emails and with that all the proof she needed to confront him.

Now that she has moved out and is hoping to move on, Anne struggles with her emotions like all of us women have at one point, asking herself why are my relationships working out? Why am I always with the wrong guy and how can I find the right one I know is out there for me? Why do all my family and friends find the right one, but I am left with Mr. Wrong?

Then she is hit with all kinds of news she doesn't need in her life. Her brother Gil and his wife, Cathy, are having their fourth child and her parents wonder just when Anne is finally going to get her life together and have kids, get married? Then she learns her best friend Sarah is getting married and at that point it almost pushes Anne to the edge.

Walking the streets alone one night on her way to meet Sarah, she comes across a business card left on the street with her name on it, or it has the same name on it, Blythe and Company. When she contacts the company thinking it's a dating service, she soon learns that this is a pricey, arranged marriage service. Knowing where she is at in her life, she decides to take a risk and give it a try, after all they have a proven 95% success rate. What turns out along the way, is a quirky, romantic love story that has an unexpected twist in the end. Not your typical romantic story but one that I think most women would love to read.

I received Arranged by Catherine McKenzie compliments of William Morrow, a division of Harper Collins Publishers for my honest review and LOVED it! I would have to caution my readers that it does contain mild profanity and some sexual content but over all the story is great summer read. I rate this one 4 out of 5 stars. For more information on this book, the author and where to pick up a copy of this book today, please click on the link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.