The Best People In The World!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Firestorm


For me it's so rare to have a book grab me by the heartstrings so strong that my emotions are complete bond to it like I have found in the latest novel by Lisa Tawn Bergren in Firestorm. When it can make me sigh at just the right moments and cry at the saddest ones, then in my opinion, the writer is truly using her God-given talents. Oh she completely had me in this one every step of the way in the characters lives that she so eloquently created.

In this Full Circle Series, Firestorm is book 6. In never having read any of the previous 5, I was a bit optimistic that I would feel left out. NOT the case at all. This one can be read as a stand alone but I feel after finishing this one, I would DEFINITELY go back and inhale the other 5 to get to know the characters more and because Lisa's writing is so well crafted for the reader.

In Firestorm, we are taken immediately into a fire where our main character, Reyne Oldre is leading a team of women firefighters in a task to help curb what is known as the Oxbow fire. By digging trenches into the fire line, they are hoping that they will create a break to keep the fire from spreading. As they fight to reach the other team in the middle, the winds suddenly change and the fire roars to new heights. Racing for shelter in a nearby meadow, Reyne and her team try to cover themselves with fire retardant tents to help protect themselves from being overcome by the heat and flames. They will have to ride this one out in the mouth of the dragon. When it is all over, Reyne discovers that her team has suffered losses, losses that she will be forever bound to when she loses 4 of her team members.

Now she struggles with that fear from her past as she begins working with a handsome smoke jumper, Logan McCabe. She worries if God will help her deal with the fear of the unknown when she finds herself being drawn into first a friendship and then to a romance with Logan. Knowing the hazards of the job, Reyne wants Logan to opt for a management position to keep him out of the line of fire, but Logan tries to remind Reyne his fate isn't something either of them can control. She must learn to put aside her feelings and learn to trust God in whatever the outcome will be. Along the way, Reyne has to amazing friends, Rachel and Beth who show her through their unconditional love just what God can do in her own life.

I received Firestorm by Lisa Tawn Bergren compliments of WaterBrook Multnomah for my honest review and LOVED ever single moment of this one. I literally read it in a matter of hours because I simply could not leave either character hanging without knowing how this would end. Lisa keeps the reader challenged in very real-world ways with both of her character so the reader can relate to dealing with worry and fear that you may never see the love of your life again being you both are engaged in a life-or-death job. I think that is where she gains the biggest advantage in hooking her readers. I rate this one a 5 out of 5 stars and now am off to purchase the other 5 books in this series. For those of you that love firefighters, a bit of romance and a great Christian message, then I know you will absolutely be in love with this one as much as I am.

For more information on this book, the author and where to pick up a copy of this book today, please click on the links below:


You can also follow Lisa on Facebook and keep up on all her latest releases by clicking here.

You can find this title at WaterBrook Multnomah Publishers by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.