The Best People In The World!

Monday, February 27, 2012

The Beautiful Wife


The Beautiful Wife is a book for the gloriously messy woman who has serious and not-so-serious questions about her role as a wife. It's a book for the woman who longs to develop deep relationships with real women who don't gloss over the dirty realities of life. It's book for the woman who wants to experience more fulfillment, passion, and meaning in her marriage.

It can be a difficult thing to understand the role of a wife in this day and age. As a matter of fact, it's always been a hard role to understand. After all, it's not a one-size-fits-all kind of job, and it may require tweaking with each new season of life. Your marriage is different than mine, and both of our marriages are different than your friend's. Recipe theology - living by a one-size-fits-all formula - leaves all women hungry. But there are answers that satisfy.

In the book The Beautiful Wife, you will find some of those answers. In fact the more you work through the book, the more you to turn God and talk vulnerably within a loving community of women, the more answers you'll find. The stories of imperfect women with imperfect marriages will refresh you and also challenge you to make changes in your role as a wife, which will improve your marriage. You can use this book with small groups of women, alone, or with a mentor and I truly believe it will change your marriage for the better and teach you that there isn't such a thing as a perfect marriage or husband.

I received the book, The Beautiful Wife by Sandy Ralya compliments of Litfuse Publicity for my honest review and this came at a perfect time for me. I'm always evaluating how my own marriage can be better and how I can improve as a wife. Just the first chapter alone was like a breath of fresh air to my heart and soul as Sandy explains her own personal struggle in her marriage and trying to find a better way to make it work. I felt as if her words were my own and could relate to her story, realizing I am not alone in my thoughts, actions and worse yet, words. However through simple instructions, I saw how I could improve my husband through my actions alone and not anything I say or try to get him to do.

The biggest eye opener for me was when Sandy taught about the unique differences and roles we each bring into the marriage, though we are equal, we are not the same. Clearly Adam needed something he didn't already possess or there would be no need for Eve. It's realizing what strengths each of us brings to the marriage and how we can use those strengths to build the other up and strengthen our marriage. Men need our strengths in encouragement, our ability to find solutions in the midst of storms and instead of us dwelling on all the things we find fault with in our husbands, we need to think about all the positives, (Philippians 4:8). I can wait to see what blessings our marriage will bring as we both work through building our marriage and work towards being the best we can be in our roles as husbands and wives.

I easily rate this one a 5 out of 5 stars and highly recommend it to any woman who is currently married or considering marriage. It's also great for women's Bible Studies and for Couples Counseling as well. For more information on this book, the author and where to pick up a copy of The Beautiful Wife by Sandy Ralya, please click on the link below:


By the way there is also a Mentor Guide and Prayer Journal available by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments. I love to know what touched you about this post or how it has blessed you in any way.